I really don't remember what Gabe and I where talking about, but I remember asking Gabe why he doesn't write me poems anymore, or why he talked my ear off when we were in high school. I was asking him why he doesn't....Oh wait... now I remember. I asked him why he so readily got rid of his drums. I told him that he didn't have to get rid of them just for me. He said it was hard for him to sell them, "especially" for so "cheap". So I told him that he probably wouldn't play them anyway. I said,"you used to write poems, you used to talk allot,play the bongos,yada,yada. "YOUR NOT THE MAN I MARRIED"!
WHOOPS!!! Look to your left.There's Ezekiel with a huge worried look on his face,finger pointing straight at Daddy, voice choking up.
Zeek Say's: "YOU ARE SPEAKING WRONG!...THAT IS THE MAN YOU MARRIED"!
2 comments:
Oh, Zeekie-- little truth speaker!
It is so easy to compare our young selves to our older selves... but think of the good...
I am SO glad that John is not the man I married-- he's more mature, he's grown in the Lord, and yes... things are not as romantic & gushing as they once were--- but things are deeper, and more serious...
:)
I just had to comment, ya'll have kids now you don't have time for poems and even if you did you may have lost your poetic touch. Let's say you haven't, you have a lot more inspiration from experienced events throughout your marriage and hey why not get out ye ole bongos this season and make a joyful noise. Issie
Post a Comment