My Friend Shelly did some great research and a study. Please take the time to read the facts all the way through.
Why Wait For Marriage To Have Sex?
I just wanted to share this information with you all. I have been studing about this and getting information together for my niece who is 17 and dating. If you agree, pass it on you may encourage someone to wait!
WHY WAIT FOR MARRIAGE TO HAVE SEX?
Along with all other kinds of sexual immorality, sex before marriage / premarital sex is condemned in the Bible.
For This is the will of God, your sanctification that you should abstain from sexual immorality
1 Thessalonians 4:3.
Ephesians 5:3 warns us that a fornicator (someone who has sex before marriage) as well as other unclean people have no inheritance in heaven.
God has a plan for each one of our lives He does not give us rules to spoil our fun but to guide us and help us to avoid sin and the consequences of it. God wants to protect us from unwanted pregnancies and children born to parents who do not want them or are not prepared for them. Imagine how much better our world would be if God’s pattern for sex was followed: fewer sexually transmitted diseases, fewer un-wed mothers, fewer unwanted pregnancies, fewer abortions, etc. Abstinence is God’s only policy when it comes to sex before marriage.
Sex before marriage is just as wrong as adultery and other forms of sexual immorality, because they all involve having sex with someone you are not married to. Sex between a husband and his wife is the only form of sexual relations that God approves of.
Marriage is honorable among all and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulteres God will judge. Hebrews 13:4
Yes, sex is pleasurable. God designed it that way. He wants men and women to enjoy it together (within the confines of marriage). However, the primary purpose of sex is not pleasure, It is reproduction. And God blessed them saying be fruitful and multiply. Genesis 1:22
Ephesians 5:3 tells us, "But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity...because these are improper for God's holy people." Anything that even "hints" of sexual immorality is inappropriate for a Christian.
The body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body
1 Corinthians 6:13
Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are Gods. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20.
Be careful! Do not compromise Don’t put yourself in a situation that will temp you or cause you to sin. God’s word promises a way of escape but if we put ourselves in a place of temptation we will most likely fall into it.
Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him James 1:12
Surround yourself with good friends who will support you and encourage you to do the right thing
Whoever walks with the wise will become wise; whoever walks with fools will suffer harm. Proverbs 13:20
Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, Faith, Love, and Peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 2 Timothy 2:22
By Staying Pure, You are free from
Sinning against God
Regret, Guilt, and Shame
Fear of Pregnancy
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Decisions on Abortion or Adoption that can cause physical and emotional pain
Getting Married to soon for the wrong reasons
Disappointing those who Trust and Love You
There are about 3,700 abortions every DAY in the US
Think of how many people should be here that didn’t get the chance, just a thought, One of those babies could of grown up to be the man or women that had the cure for cancer or some other harmful disease.
Only 1% of all abortions occur because of rape or incest. 6% occurs because of potential health problems regarding either the mother or child. 93% of all abortions, performed in the US, are for social reasons.
Stats taken from abortionno.org, the most extensive compelation of abortion information I have found.
So just how many people have an STD?
· 1 in 2 people who are sexually active between the ages of 15 and 24 have an STD. (1)
· 1 in 5 Americans over the age of 12 have genital herpes. 1 in 4 women have genital herpes. There is no cure for herpes. (2)
· 75% (more than half) of the reproductive population is infected with HPV (genital warts). There is no cure for HPV. (3)
· 1 in 250 Americans has AIDS. AIDS is the 6th leading cause of death among persons 15-24 years of age and 20% are infected during the teen years. There is no cure for AIDS. (4)
· 40%, nearly 1 in 2, of those who are sexually active are suspected carriers of Chlamydia. (5)
Science tells us that human life begins at the time of conception. From the moment fertilization takes place, the child's genetic makeup is already complete. Its gender has already been determined, along with its height and hair, eye and skin color. The only thing the embryo needs to become a fully-functioning being is the time to grow and develop.
More importantly, God reveals to us in His Word that life begins at conception, He knows who we are even before then.
"Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart for my holy purpose. I appointed you to be a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5
King David said this about God's role in our conception:
"For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them."
Psalm 139 13-16
Society continually seeks to devalue the lives of the unborn, creating its own definitions of humanity based on distorted views of morality. But the undeniable fact is that life begins at creation, and a human is created as soon as it is conceived. God is present at our creation; He is, in fact, our Creator. Our value as human beings created in His image are conceived even before we are
my comment:This is an awsome study. I learned alot. I wish that I can go back in time and do it the right way.Which is to WAIT. I'll bet that I would have had huge butterflies in my tummy on my hunny moon.
I have repented and come to know Jesus. He has blessed my marriage (Rom. 8:28), and I can say that I am more in love with my Hubby than I ever was, considering that we where highschool sweet hearts.
Proud to say 11 years this April. Only By the blood of Jesus did my marriage survive.
No comments:
Post a Comment