Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall Balcony & Front Porch

 I'm sharing what the kids and I  did to our balcony, but before you look at the pictures... remember... "YOU MAY NOT HAVE THE BEST OF EVERYTHING, BUT YOU CAN MAKE THE BEST OF EVERYTHING YOU ALREADY HAVE." ~ Author Unknown
(also a remedy quote for contentment).

We've already done "20 Things I Love About Fall." , and "Fall Around the Home." so go check um them out if you haven't already. Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to see what we use around our house to decorate for the season. Don't forget to see how others decorate over at The Inspired Room where I'm participating in a Fall Decorating Series.
I had my son take the plastic pool off of the balcony before we took pictures. 
We can leave the pool there if we wanna dip our feet in, it's hot enough and still feels like the middle of summer.  "Fall, where are you!!"


A whicker chair; a fold up dinner table; two bar stools; my bible; my devotional; my tea, and my journal. I used to have a glider out there but it got dusty and I ended up getting rid of it. I think throw pillows on a whicker chair are easier to clean. It would be nice to have some fresh green plants, but we will make do with what we have for now. There are things I invest in, and right now it's kittens for the kids. "Oh", and as you can tell... I don't like to iron.
Close to my heart you will always be, friends forever you and me. My husbands wind chime that I gave him for an anniversary present. 
My devotional, "Seasons of Love."
My bible and journal. I don't take advantage of this porch early in the morning like I should. 
looks like the neighbors are doing a little fall decorating.
The coolest thing about our balcony is that God provided a nice view of the horses next door. We live in the city and it's hard to get a good view in a town home.


My son is my model. This is his hiding place for doing school work.  He was excited at first thinking I was making it cool for him. HaHaHa!
 I forgot to set the binoculars in the picture. Sometimes we see really cool hawks on our roof. We love bird watching.
My other model.
My balcony from my bedroom. I like my warm covers more than this balcony. Maybe this will inspire me to get out there and sit in the cool night or during the COLD mornings.
My front door is covered in a wild vine. I decided to hang Mr. Scare Crow there anyway.  I would like to do a nice wreath one day.
You cant beat the $1 Tree when it comes to cute fall decorations. I love to re-dig up all my old fall decorations. We need to be thankful for what we have. There are people out there that don't have a roof over their heads, and there are people out there that don't have the money or room to decorate an entire home. I also feel it's a good idea to pray for those who are in other countries during this time. These little sayings remind me of that. 
Everyone is welcome.



1 comment:

Jerelene said...

20Hello! I found you on Instagram :) Nice to meet you! I am friend with hsing3kinder. We are both teachers at the same homeschool co-op. I saw that you mentioned you have a 15 yr. old son and asked her about pen-paling with him. I have a 15 yr. old son too. I live in Southern Indiana. My son would love to talk with your son. He could e-mail or send snail mail too. If you are interested you can e-mail me at jerelenepostin@wowway.com. My son's name is Sam and we homeschool. I think from what you mentioned they would get along really well. I hope and pray that I hear back from you. Again, nice to meet you. I am jpostin on instagram. Blessings, Jerelene

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...