Matthew 28: 19-20 Jesus say's: "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
"teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
To teach,train, and disciple my own children, I must first discipline myself to observe all that the Lord commands of me, and I cannot do this unless I am disciplined to continue steadfastly in the apostles doctrine, and continuing to allow God's word to pour into me by His Holy Spirit. I cannot give what I don't have. I cannot be an example of what Jesus taught and lived out, If I don't remember. If I am distracted by the things of the world, then I will miss out on the fellowship with Jesus, and therefore I will not be able to give my kids Jesus.
Luke 6:40 Jesus Say's: A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher.
Humility is a valuable trait in God's kingdom. It is frowned upon in our society. But Paul the apostle said: You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.
Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.
Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal's death on a cross. Phil. Chpt 2.
He also washed the feet of His disciples as an example as to how we should treat one another. You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and you are right, because that's what I am.
And since I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other's feet.I have given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you.
I tell you the truth, slaves are not greater than their master. Nor is the messenger more important than the one who sends the message. Now that you know these things, God will bless you for doing them. I believe that God wants me to serve my Hubby first, and then my children. Also praying for them, and loving them AS Christ loves me. Love agape and humility is the perfect way to train a disciple for Jesus.
John Chpt. 13.
Thank You for allowing me to share what the Lord has put on my heart. Now I need to go to bed. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment