I wanted to share a little bit about a minisrty that has blessed our family as we have stepped out in faith to homeschool our children. But first I would like to share a little about our home school journey.
My husband Gabe and I have been home schooling with the help and guidance of our Lord Jesus for seven years. We've had our mountain tops of Joy, and our valleys of darkness. Through it all I have never regreted one moment. I can faithfully and confidently in the name of God, say that I would never trade it for the world.
As a mom of four, (ages twelve to one) I have suffered from an illness that prevents many women from even having children. Having lived in a very humbling situation, in a cramped apartment in the middle of the ghetto, no play area for the kids, and a list of economical hardships that made homeschooling a challenge, I can say, "yet, by the Grace of God we've been privilaged to continue succesfully homeschooling our little blessings".
My husband has been my number one supporter. We also have a wonderful support group at our church, and last but not least... we have been blessed through a ministry that has inspired me to be a woman,mom,and wife after God's heart.
The whole hearted ministries http://www.wholeheart.org/ has unknowingly helped me endure many challenging tasks. Every thing that is shared from Wholehearted ministries is from God's Word. My main focus is to love the Lord with all my heart, to lean not on my own understanding,but in all my ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct my paths. (Proverbs 3:5) With that in mind,God has directed us to invest in a wonderful resorce called, "Educating The whole Hearted Child, By:Sally & Clay Clarkson". I recomend this book to every new homeschooler that I run accross. Why? because I Love the way this book teaches and directs parents in a Godly and orderly way on how to educate in a whole hearted way. Also, a friend gave me a book called,"The Mission Of Motherhood,By:Sally Clarkson". I simply could not put the book down. In the Bible it tells the older women to teach the younger women how to love their husbands, and their children.(Titus 2:3) And I believe that God put this book from this ministry, to guide me on the importance of children, and their need for a mother who loves them as her priority under God and then her husband. I can't thank God enough for directing our path through this journey called Homeschooling.
1 comment:
Hah! Educating the wholehearted child is the exact book I was thinking of too. Wonderful resource. =0)
http://lovinglifeslittlemoments.blogspot.com/2010/04/be-encouraged.html
Post a Comment