And then there's Calvin, oh boy where to start . . . well . . . just keep us in prayer.
Just kidding! The kid is just too smart for his own good. He believes that he should be the professor calling the shots. He was actually politically frustrated and upset that he has to wait to vote and that the age requirement to run for president is not 11. All in all he is God's anointed and He has used Calvin in mighty ways ever since he was 2 years old telling people (in a New Yorker accent) "Do you know Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior?"
Now he wants to debate the errors in Darwin's Theory of Evolution with everyone he comes in contact with. Convincing them about the Bible's mention of dinosaurs, and writing letters to the editor of Highlights Magazine. Everything in his history lessons he relates to Jesus and the plan that God has for America . He is a bit disturbed (to use the word lightly) to see where this country is now headed, so much so that when he said the Pledge of Allegiance at Promotion Night practice there was passion and conviction in his voice, later telling me that he doesn't take the sacrifices of our forefathers lightly. This is thanks to many (sometimes dry although not according to Calvin) war documentaries that we've endured this year. If Calvin were in public school I am almost positive he would get to know his principal very well from being in his office for debating his teachers. At the end of the year when I wanted to throw in the towel, the Lord sent Pat to share some words of wisdom . During that time I was contemplating whether to put him in a charter school or continue to homeschool through our church. I thought that it would be great if Calvin had an extracurricular activity like guitar lessons but I prayed that our church would offer it instead and they did. I didn't even know that they were offering that until someone pointed it out to me in the church bulletin. As for math and writing . . . keep us in prayer, things are getting better. It was a blessing to have a prayer partner throughout the year, because the Lord answered many of our prayers, sometimes right after we would hag up the phone. It has been neat to see Laura's homeschooling flourish.
Next is our journey into summer, where we will be moving out of here (insert cheering and applause) to a better environment for our homeschool. We are all excited to what is going to do in the coming months and in the 2009-2010 school year! It's all about You Jesus!
3 comments:
What a blessing! I love this post. I love to hear reviews on each ones school year. Maybe I should do that?
This was a wonderful post and I really enjoyed reading it. I'm excited to remember what the Lord has done for your family this year as well as what He will do in the future. Glory be to God! I also enjoyed our prayer times this year...such a blessing especially for my first official year of homeschooling!
wow busy busy. what wonderful pictures and what wonderful challenges overcome and prayers answered. Can I get a Halleluiah? Amen! Aunt Issie
Post a Comment