Well I guess it's time to give just a little update on what our family has been up to.
Lets see . . .
Calvin is now in soccer is doing good and having loads of fun. The coach is extremely nice, and his daughters (who are teenagers & help their dad)) are very compassionate towards Calvin.
I took down all of the fall decorations and put up Christmas decorations. We went to the Dollar Tree to get widow clings. Zeekie and Calvin stuck as many as they could on every mirror and window. We also went to the thrift store today (which is Black Friday, I wouldn't dare go near a department store or even a popular retail store) and everything was half off . So if I bought something for 99 cents, it would turn out to be only fifty cents. I bought a bunch of stuff that turned out to be only 20 cents. I think it "should" be cheap, it's junk . But I guess you can use the old saying: "One man's (or as in my case, woman's) junk is another man's treasure", as to justify thrifty shopping. I consider pregnancy clothes to be too expensive in general, even at the thrift store, yet, not when it's half price.
I know this is completely off the subject, but what's up with people that try to give away, or sell junk nowadays? I drive by some random house with a used dirty old mattress, or big ugly worn down book shelf, that has a huge FOR FREE sign on it. Honestly, just throw it away!
Well, yesterday Gabe and I, along with the kids enjoyed the hospitable Thanksgiving welcome at our friends home Jr. and Camisha. They have a very warm and cozy home, that is filled with love, fellowship, food, toys, and fall decor.
Gabe and I have known Camisha and her twin sister Courtney for nine years now. Camisha has been saved as long as Gabe except for his spiritual birthday is the day before Thanksgiving. We used to hang out with the twins almost every day when we first accepted Christ. But they soon got married, had kids, and we all went our separate ways, although we have not neglected to keep in touch. So it was nice to get our families together to talk about old times, and learn new things about each other and our families.
Gabe and I had several calls this Thanksgiving from family and friends. My Mom,Dad, Sister Jennifer, Sister Angelina, our friends Joe & Robin, and my friend Shelly sending me a Thanksgiving card. I am thankful for them contacting us.
Next week we are going to a cookie exchange for the home school group. I thought that it was only a dozen but I just read 3 dozen. Of course I am buying my cookies because everything that I 've been baking lately has been turning out "crummy". :)
I would write more but I have to get to bed. It's ten till midnight and I'm super tired. I can't wait to just relax tomorrow and just hang out with the kids listening to Christmas music, reading stories, drinking hot Cocoa, and eating lots of Pie. And of course breaking up fights, cleaning blown up food messes & faces, and making sure everyone keeps the house from being declared a disaster zone.
No comments:
Post a Comment