Thursday, August 14, 2008

Nineteen Days And Counting

Ok so in nineteen days we are going to start school. Am I ready? No. I still need to prepare all of the curriculum for the boys. Ezekiel should be easy considering that kindergarten is fun playful learning, or at least it should be. I have my yearly schedule ready with days off such as birthdays,holidays, and about a month off when baby arrives in Feb. (the due date being the day before my birthday). I have a calender of some of the subjects that Calvin will be working on, including one of his favorite subjects (BIBLE). But I don't have all of the cirriculum picked out and situated for the boys. And I don't have a system in place for how I am going to run our days.Very important. Lord help!

I did get some inspiring ideas from my friend Laura. Her curriculum for her daughter (who will be going into kindergarten) looks very fun and easy. Her classroom looks cute, and her schedule is already set up on her blog. I know that no two home schools are alike. That's the blessedness about home schooling. Just as unique as God made every individual human, the individual home school is also very unique. God also made us to help one another. We can all learn from another,be inspired by one another,and encourage each other to endure the journey.

I know that the kids have had a wonderful break enjoying camping with dad, swimming at grandpas, birthday party's, flying kites, watching the Olympics (especially their favorite swimmer, Michael Phelps), and eating Gelloto & Sorbeto (yuck). But they have to start the big S word. So how can I encourage the fun in learning beside giving Calvin a lecture about how children in some countries don't even get to go to school but have to work in fields all day under the hot sun for little or no pay?

I forgot that I should probably add Trinity to the home school list considering she is such a little sponge. She wants to read when the boys read. She wants to scribble on paper(holding her fingers correctly)when the boys are coloring or drawing. She already tries to count on my fingers saying the numbers very clearly. She can say full on sentences at one and a half, very clearly. And she finally can tell the difference between a cat and a dog, except if the dog is small.

So for the sake of getting started. I will list my schedule and our homeschhol verse.

 

I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing. AMPLIFIED BIBLE

7:AM- Wake up & have my time with Jesus

8:AM- Wake up the whole tribe, make them get dressed, brush teeth, tidy rooms.

8:30 AM- Start simple breakfast with Devotions.

9:AM- School starts with Bible Curriculum.

10:AM- Tackle Math

10:15 AM- Ten Min break & snack.

10:25 AM-Back to Mathematics

10:45 AM-Start on English,Grammar,Phonics,etc.

11:30 AM- Writing & Spelling

12:15 PM- LUNCH!!! & play time

1:00 PM-Science (one week),History (another week), Geography (mixing into Science,History,& spelling).

2:00 PM-QUIET TIME!!! Naps or Reading.

2:30 PM-Clean up time, Chores, SCHOOL ENDS!!! GET OUT OF HOUSE OR START DINNER.

This is all subject to change. All calls and e-mails are to be held until after school hours, unless Mom is having a nervous break down or needs prayer,advise,favor,etc. Friday school is an exception to the rule, because someone else will be teaching the kids (YESSSS,gives me a little brake & time with Trinity and other Home school moms).

I will be adding my home school Philosophy soon, so stay tuned.

   

 

 


 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I homeschooled for a few years until I had to return to work (a single mum) At the time, homeschooling was still against the law and we had to fight (and Praise G-d, won) the right to educate our G-d given treasures at home. Yes, it is hard work, but you shall have a blast.
G-d Bless
Laini

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...