Monday, June 16, 2008

Promoted to the Fifth Grade

 

This past Friday Calvin was promoted to the fifth grade. Time fly’s, that’s for sure. Calvin received a reading incentive trophy for reading over six thousand pages this year. I am amazed that God used me to teach Calvin to read. I never thought that he would be a bookworm, reading books way above his level. I have nothing to do with the success of this child except for allowing God to use me as the willing vessel to pour into him the Word of God and a willing heart to serve the family. God has truly given this kid a desire to learn. I think of the first chapter of the book of Daniel in the Bible when God had blessed the youngsters for following Him with a whole heart

 

Dan 1:17  

 

God gave these four young men an unusual aptitude for learning the literature and science of the time. And God gave Daniel special ability in understanding the meanings of visions and dreams.

  

   I have always believed that Calvin has had the spirit of the Lord upon him. He is a sinner by nature and I can testify of that especially having to try to teach him every day. Yet, in-spite of the natural rebellion of a child’s sinful nature, God continues to bless the kid with a supernatural ability to share about his genuine relationship with God and the knowledge of the scriptures in an amazing way.

 

   Calvin also received an award (by the teaching parent) for excellence in historical and scientific inventions. Gabe and I prayed about that one and thought real hard about where Calvin put most of his energy this year. He loves to study, and talk about historical inventors such as Edison. I asked Calvin to invent some sort of robot that takes out the trash for Dad. I think it will happen because Calvin is next in line for that specific chore.

 

   Calvin’s Great Grandma Rose and Great Aunt Judy took him to a restaurant of his choice. We had a pleasant time.

 

   As tiring as home schooling is for me, I am ready for another year. My mission statement is the same. I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me (JESUS) and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing.( John 15:5)

 

 

  

 

       By my own experience, home schooling is a providential ministry that parents are called to by God. There’s been many times where I’ve wanted to give up and simply put Calvin into public school. But the Lord keeps calling Gabe and I to continue no matter how hard it may get. I remind myself over and over, that when Jesus went to the cross and suffered, He didn't quit or give up on us.

 

    I cannot wait to pour into Ezekiel as I did Calvin all of the wonderful literature that God has provided. I'm curious to know what subject he will be most interested in. I don’t want to forget to thank all of our friends and family for contributing to the education and Godly influence that they have blessed our children with. I thank Judy (Calvin’s great Aunt) for all of the History and Bible Nest videos. Theyhave been used by God to develop a passion for God's Holy Word, and a passion for our nation blessed with freedom. Also for Rebecca,Jane, Christina, Sandy,and Winnie (who taught me to nurse & home school at the same time while teaching character and obedience in myself first) for Shelly,Dana,Ruby, Laura, the leaders of the home school group, and many more who have encouraged Gabe and I, and have given us the supplies to work with. God has used you in a special way to bless our family. Your support has grown over the years.

 

    May the Lord Jesus be glorified in whatever we do for Him. May we all continue to seek Him in whatever position He has placed us, as He is Lord and Savior, and is Truth and Life more abundantly and forever more. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...