Monday, March 24, 2008

Prayer Request

 

Heavenly Father,

Thank you for your kindness and compassion. For your Mercy, LONGSUFFERING, and never ending enduring LOVE. I thank you for my trials and for the work that you do in my life to draw me close to you. I was thinking this morning about how everyone says: Don't pray for patience or you'll get it. Well Lord God of Heaven. Father of your daughter. I realize that I don't have to pray for patience. You are already working in me your perfect will. Your WORD Says:


Jam 1:2  
My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,
Jam 1:3  
knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.
Jam 1:4  
But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.
Jam 1:5  
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
Jam 1:6  
But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
Jam 1:7  
For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;
Jam 1:8  
he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
And in Romans, your WORD says:

Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us[fn1] with groaning's which cannot be uttered.
Rom 8:27  
Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
Rom 8:28  
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Rom 8:29  
For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
And in Ephesians The WORD says:

Eph 2:10   For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

Thank you Lord that I am a tool in the masters hand for His perfect will and for His perfect plan.

Jer 29:11  
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

 

Help me to stop going by what I feel, Or what the devil  puts into my thoughts. I realized this morning that it is WISDOM that I need to pray for. you are already working paitence in me, wether I ask for it or not. I need your wisdom through my trials.

As I watched a movie last night called the cross and the switch blade. I am inspired to pray for the inner cities of America. Often times I feel like I am not doing anything for you God, something big and important. But Lord You told me that I can be used right where I am. I can pray. The bible says that the effective fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. I know I'm not righteous on my own. You have given me a purpose to live for. I remember praying for a family when i didn't even know you Lord. Thank you for helping me understand my place in the kingdom of God. I pray for wisdom as you work your patience in me. Only you Lord can be my strength. 

2Cr 12:9  
And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2Cr 12:10  
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to meet someone who's favortie rerun is I Love Lucy :)
Laini

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...