Daddy's Verse:
Proverbs 14: 26& 27
In the fear of the Lord there is strong confidence, and His children will have a place of refuge. The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, to turn one away from the snares of death.
Gabe chose this one for the season because it reminds him that without the Lord you are dead in your trespasses and sins. But with the Lord you are alive because He is the fountain of life.
Mama's verse was the whole Psalm 1, but mainly verse 3
He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he dose shall prosper.
I chose this verse for the season because I can relate to this verse in a very practical way. There are many references that relate to this verse that I cling to. I have experienced a dryness in my walk with God by not being connected to Him in the way where I have not planted my roots deep into His Word for the full nourishment of my soul by clinging to His promises and wisdom. At times I have neglected Gods Word only to start to dry up like a leaf in the fall season. I understand that Gods people will survive but the wicked will blow away.
Calvin's verse was Proverbs 22:6
"Train up a child in the way that he should go and when he's old he won't depart from it.
He chose this verse for the season because he said that it reminded him about how important it is to train for certain seasons in your life before the tough times come. He added that Just as one prepares for the winter in the summer so one must prepare their lives for the Lords coming.
We chose a verse for Trinity and Ezekiel. Hebrews 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the Author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross.
Ezekiel always points at crosses or anything or structure that resembles a cross saying: "Look Jesus died on the cwoss fow ouw sins". Allot of the times when he points it out at someone's necklace, they are surprised and forget what the true meaning of the cross is. Zeekie is also waiting for the Lord to come and get him. He often says: Come and get us Jesus, while jumping up and lifting his hands into the air waiting for Jesus to lift him to His mansion.
The Pumpkin carving was fun but allot of work. I messed both of them up as I tried to make their crosses. And for some reason even though they wanted happy faces on the pumpkins, the pumpkins still look freaky in the dark. But they see their art work as they see it thank God. Calvin somehow managed to carve snoopy and the Calvary Dove. And the main lesson was shared. We are Gods pumpkins, He picked us out of the world, put us into His family, took away the seeds of doubt, and put His light in us to shine in a very dark world.
I wish that we can go to hallelujah tonight but It is to overwhelming for us having an infant.
Maybe next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment