Yesterday I finnaly pushed myself to get out of the house. I washed the car (so it should rain thanks to me) and went to Henry's health food store. But before we went in I had a prep talk with Calvin explaining to him that if anyone asked why he wasn't in school that he should let them know that he was in school but just not at that very moment. But I quickly changed my mind. I would defend him if need be. So we went in got our veggies, chips, water, humus,bananas,celery, and made our way over to the bread isle to encounter a God given moment.
There was the bread lady in th way. She kindly askd, Could I help You? I rudley responded in a kind voice, " probably not". She persisted to let me know what breads where the healthiest to buy. I was taken back by her Joyful conduct. We conversed reluctantly in sharing our transparency about what was truly in our hearts. The Lord Jesus. She was a Born Again Evangelical Christian, as I was. But I didn't discover this until I was compelled (while conversing with sprinkled evidence of the fruit of being a follower of Jesus) to let her know that I home schooled. Her eyes brightened up in excitement sharing that she was also a fellow homeschooler. I listened to a bit of Jeanne's testimony about her early years of home schooling.She has three children one sixteen, and two adut children. She shared why she pulled one of them out of high school and how she started another off when they were in third grade. How she didn't have a car and learned how to ride the bus, and did all that she could to give her children what they needed in Christ. She got my name as I remembered hers. I walked away so jazzed only to walk out of the store mad and frustrated.
As I approached the checkout line still shaking about meeting a Godly woman, I banged my knee really hard on the bottom of the basket. The checkout clerk asks me, in a very mubbled monetone voice, is everything good? I responded," No I just banged my knee, ouch". I had Ezekiel, Calvin, and Trinity. I had all of my groceries tucked in different spots with Ezekiel holding the bread and bananas. I told the lady that I had something to return. So she gave me a slip to fill out as my groceries where already bagged and sitting at the end of the table. So I made my transaction while she impatiently waited. Then like a robot she handed me my three receipts. So I'm trying to stuff them in my wallet with my knee throbbing. I'm still there filling out the paper while she begins to ring up the next customers (The store was not busy as it was in the morning on a weekday ) groceries only to crush mine. So I say really loud as shelooks down ringing up groceries, HAVE A GOOD DAY! She looks up reluctantly saying with a mumble," thanks you to". Then she asks a young man to help me out as I hang the bags on all sides of the cart. He emediatly comments on the boys hair cuts asking them why they had that hair cut. So I defended them in a multitude of words, then walked away saying have a nice day. The young man yells out, "Hey where you going I thought that you needed help"? I said pridefully, No, She said I needed help, as I pointed to the checkout clerk which happened to be a very beautiful young woman with bright green eyes. The clerk responded, I was just trying to help.
I have so many expctations and I am so sensitive. I could have easily prayed for the gal. Oh, wait I did but with wrong heart attitued. When Gabe came home asking how my day went I complained. I really need to learn not to hold on to things. It creates such a bad atmosphere for the home. I need to learn to forgive and forget. Or to simply try to put myself into that persons perspective. Its not easy to do especially if you are justified in many ways. I know that the Lord is working on us all. We are His poeima, we are under construction. But we need to heed the voice of the lord.

No comments:
Post a Comment