Troubled Heart
My heart is troubled,
for a man who is dying
I pray for him daily
only God hears my crying.
I plead with the Lord,
"Please don't take him yet"
until he makes his peace with you,
and has no more regrets.
His life has not been easy
his parents died when he was young
maybe that is where
all of his bitterness begun.
He is from a land
really far away
he started working as a child
while other children got to play.
We named our firstborn after him
he is talented and smart
he brought his family to this country
to give them all a brand new start.
He came with little money
with four children and a wife
he has worked so hard,
to give them all a better life.
Behind all his frustrations
I see a man, with a big heart
who never shows his emotions
even if he is falling apart.
I ask for comfort to those who know him
when his time on earth is done,
and peace for my husband
who is his wonderful son.
Please say a prayer with me
that God will ease his pain
that He will take him into heaven
where we will see him someday again.
for a man who is dying
I pray for him daily
only God hears my crying.
I plead with the Lord,
"Please don't take him yet"
until he makes his peace with you,
and has no more regrets.
His life has not been easy
his parents died when he was young
maybe that is where
all of his bitterness begun.
He is from a land
really far away
he started working as a child
while other children got to play.
We named our firstborn after him
he is talented and smart
he brought his family to this country
to give them all a brand new start.
He came with little money
with four children and a wife
he has worked so hard,
to give them all a better life.
Behind all his frustrations
I see a man, with a big heart
who never shows his emotions
even if he is falling apart.
I ask for comfort to those who know him
when his time on earth is done,
and peace for my husband
who is his wonderful son.
Please say a prayer with me
that God will ease his pain
that He will take him into heaven
where we will see him someday again.
Shelly Manougian 2007

No comments:
Post a Comment