Okay,
I've neglected my poor blog for two years...hence a great deal of my personal life has been shared on FaceBook. I miss blog life in that it's very therapeutic to me. I can type my life away, then go back years later to see how God has fashioned my days for His glory, while I smile over the simplicity of how carefree and loving my life and calling as a home-maker/school mom has been. Monday was my 38th birthday. I feel older of course. Therefor, I stick to that scripture that says, " Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward body is giving out, our inward spirit is being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that outwighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is seen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18.
Sometimes I get people that tell me that I shouldn't say that I feel old because aparently I not that old, and I agree with them. But having a chronic illness with three different auto-immune diseases, you feel old. Plus I went start into menopause after my hysterectomy at age 35. On one hand, I'm glad I never have to stroll down that isle in the grocery store again, but on the other hand you develop lovely mood swings that make your dear loved ones run to the other side of the house, and all sorts of fun things. To name a few for laughs:
Hair loss
Osteoporosis (bone loss)
Thyroid problems
Mood Swings
Hot Flashes
Night Sweats
Head Aches
Sensitivity to noise and Light
Allergies
Irritability
Adult Acne
Weight Gain (that does not come off easy)
Lots of Potty Breaks
Vericose Viens
Wrinkles
Fatigue
Depression
Anxiety
And much more. So yeah...getting old is not fun. Maybe for others, but not for me. I long for heaven where I'll receive my glorified body.
So every time my birthday passes I get hurt, or one of the kids end up in the ER. So it's a joke every year in my family. However, I really wonder what will happen every year my birthday rolls around. But this year I actually had a nice Birthday, and I'm still allowing myself to celebrate my birthday week. First off, a friend of mine whose mother was supposed to go to her church retreat had a change of plans, so she gave her ticket to her daughter (my friend) who got sick, and tried to find several people to give it to until she finally prayed and asked God who the $175 CCCV Woman Weekend Retreat ticket should go to. She knew I had special plans but continued to have my name pop up in my head. So she tried one more time, the actual morning of the first day of the retreat to see if I would be willing to take her ticket. I was a bit hesitant and torn, being it was such short notice, I had special plans, (I already said that), my hubby still had to agree, and I was nervous to go. So I called hubby, he said why not, then I agreed, and we worked it out to where I can go to both events.
Immediately after I hung up, a friend who I haven't personally seen in two years called me asking if she could visit my new home (which is close to the retreat center) before she herself headed over there. I was excited to tell her that I was going. I asked if we could car pool. It was sweet to catch up while driving through the green hills and painted sunset.
So God met me in a special way as I reflected on a few of the teachings at this years retreat. One of the things that He taught me was, although I may have times of loneliness, despair, hurt, or doubt, He is there to help me, and that the trials are normal. I received a really pretty pendant from a sweet sister after the first session which was called Come To Me. The scripture referance was Jesus saying, "Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke (a farm tool that ox use to help each other pull stuff) is easy and my burden is light.
The pendant was a clear Ice heart wrapped in wire from a ministry called Healing Hearts a place which provides counseling and God's healing Word to those who have been wounded by their past. Each Heart Pendants is handmade by a lamp work bead artist. It's a beautiful ministry to say the least, and my special messenger from God came to give me what God put on her heart for I was wounded in some areas of my heart and the conference itself was a way that God was showing me that my wound was being healed. I also received a devotional book at the confrence that I've been wanting called "COME AWAY MY BELOVED". It was one blessing after another. I got to soak in the smelly hot springs, visit old friends, visit the coffee shop, and eat lots of good food that I'm not supposed to.
Then after the retreat a friend from church who I think I such an amazing woman of God, invited me to the beach on my birthday. Well, it was supposed to rain like cats and dogs so I txt her to cancel. But she suggested we go in case it got sunny, or simply to have fun at the beach with the kids invite of the cold weather. So I decided to take her up on the offer. I woke up the morning of my birthday to the sound of soft showers. I was kinda sad but still hopeful. As I packed everything and everyone (except my sick hubby) in the car, we drove a half mile down the road and from grey cloudy skies, went fluffy white clouds and blue skies. When I arrived at my friends house I saw her trunk filled with everything beach you would want to bring. I was so excited I wanted to dance. You see...I NEVER do fun stuff, and my birthday is a curse remember?
So we drove through green hills while listening to cool music, and sipping on my iced green tea latte. When we arrived at the beach we had to unload our stuff and the kids. as we parked we realize our bladders couldn't hold out so we went to find a bathroom and ran into a homeless lady. although we were anxious to get back, we prayed for her, shared the gospel and my sweet friend who loves people gave her a track ( a little booklet with the message of Gods love).
At the beach my friend had brought cupcakes, hotdogs, fire wood, marshmallows, skewers, lounge chairs, toys, boogie boards, and all kinds of fun stuff. It was a BIRTHDAY PARTY on the beach! HOW COOL IS THAT? It was also only 75 degrees warm with blue skies and fluffy white clouds. It was perfect. Before we had to leave, my longtime friend finds out that I'm in her area and invites me to dinner. Just in time from to NOT have to drive back through all the crazy weekday traffic. So I drive through all the resort towns to get to her house which was very relaxing. But I was craving another latte (I know I'm BAD). But I never got another one (until the next day) because it is my birthday week ya know.
So as I arrive to my long time friends house, I have four kids who are coughing, soaking wet (cuz the showers were broken at the beach and my kids dressed for winter) and they are covered in sand from head to toe in every nook and cranny. I throw each of them (except my teenager) into the shower scrubbing them down. Then I arrive a the dinner table to see that my friends daughter is making me some delicious cupcakes with my favorite color frosting. (YOLY right)? Anyhow, the dinner was delicious, the catching up was hilariously therapeutically, fun, and the hugs and drive home was nice.
Here I am typing away, wishing I could pamper myself more. Oh, I forgot I got a pedicure. That was nice, but I'm not much of a pedicure type girl. But I was treated to one by a sweet friend and I'm still enjoying the color of my toes. clean feet are good...that's all I gotta say. So I wish I could pamper my selfish self the rest of my life. I wish I was reading a book (which I rarely do) in a hammock in the sun sipping on a latte right now. But I realize I have to get back into the routine of life. Ugh...
No comments:
Post a Comment