This was so piercing as I read it. I have to admit that I have held daggers in my hand within the last few months. It has also been a very tough week for me this last past week. The pruning is underway, and the heat is on.
So many scriptures are flooding my mind right now that they're fleeting my mind just as fast. One in particular is 1 Peter Chpt. 1. Grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise , honor, and glory, at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
lately I have been looking for my needs to be met by everyone else but Jesus and His sufficient grace that He offers through prayer and the scriptures. I have been leaning on my own understanding, and allowing the enemy to place critical thoughts into my head about how much of a failed world we live in. I have looked to the church for my needs; to my friendships; to my relationships; and to my own dear Husband (poor thing). I have taken my eyes off Jesus and have placed them on people. And boy does that get real depressing.
Letting a root of bitterness take place in the heart can become so exhausting. Pointing fingers and trying to take specks out of eyeballs is hard work that causes allot of embarrassment at the same time. It becomes oppressive to the point that you dig a pit of self pity that you can't deliver yourself out of. I certainly can justify my cause and what my "eyes" see. But that's Jannette's view. I need God to help me to see through His "eye's".
I cannot pick up the heavy boulders of this world; I cannot pull every weed I see; I cannot clean every dirty glass of water; it's simply not my job. Who made me judge and ruler over anyone? No amount of sulking, manipulating, tantrum throwing, or grudge holding will defeat the giants in my life. It is God who stops me in my tracks before I decide to venture down a path that is not aligned within His will for me. He is so good... He brings things up to the surface so that we can see how UGLY it is, that's been growing inside. He truly is the great physician; the master surgeon; and the potter. He chastens those whom He loves...and without permission from us... He decides that we cannot go on any longer without the process of sanctification working in our lives so that we may receive the end of our faith, the salvation of our souls. Though now I do not see Him, Yet believing, I rejoice, with inexpressible joy, and full of Glory. 1 Peter Chpt. 1
Thank You Jesus For working in my heart.
Bed Side Blessings: Charles Swindoll
Our typical human response to offense is to try all the wrong things: silence, resentment, grudge, indifference, even plotting a way to maneuver and manipulate to get our offender in a vulnerable spot so we can twist the verbal knife, once we've plunged it in. None of this pleases God...nor does it work!
We need a heart of full forgiveness and grace in our family relationships, in our work and school relationships, certainly in our church relationships.
To one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin. James 4:17

No comments:
Post a Comment