Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pumpkin Pies

This past weekend we where invited to spend some time over at Ruby and Richards house. Ruby knew that Gabe and I needed some one on one fellowship without the kids. It was mine and Ruby's turn first. We went to Bath and Body Works and tried on just about every thing in the store. The ladies that worked there kept asking us if everything was ok. We laughed and told them that we were just having fun. When we finally left they said; "funs over?", we replied; no yet! Buy, have a good night". To my surprise, we then headed to The Macaroni Grill (one of my favorite places to eat). We both had to take back our meals as they just didn't taste right. Ruby gets the same thing every time so she could tell that there was something different. My excuse was that I was pregnant and that it just didn't taste good. They re-cooked her meal (which I forgot the name) and it ended up tasting delicious. And they replaced my meal with something that I was familiar with having (Chicken Alfredo). If I could go back in time I would have ordered her dish. We then noticed all of these teenagers coming in all dressed up, except for some of boys were wearing street clothes. I thought that one of the couples were so cute. They where very intimidated by the crowd, and embarrassed because they stuck out like a sore thumb. But they where the first ones to be seated. Allot of other kids looked like they where the popular crowd. They where confident and their outfits where loud. But they looked like they where having fun. Ruby and I made our way over to one of her favorite places to shop (Target). I have to admit that I am a Wal-Mart shopper. So we skimmed through the clothes and then went back home where Gabe and Richard where happily watching six kids. Richard and Gabe quickly left to go out on their date. Ruby and I were having fun teasing them about that because no matter what, if you see two guys hanging out in California someone might ask themselves that dreadful question, and hope not. I don't see it that way but I guess some people do. While they where out, Ruby and I fed the kids a snack, got them ready for bed, and stayed up till 2:30 in the morning catching up on what was going on in our lives. The boys got back around midnight so we where all able to laugh and then watch a slide show on the recent camping trip that Ruby & the family took up north.

The next day we had church time in the living room. We also had banana pancakes. We then headed to a remote place in the hills where there was some sort of fair. It was hotter that an oven out there. But it was neat to get free homemade ice cream and sit in the shade. We went back home ate a huge pizza and then said fair well to our San Diego friends.

Andrea listening to the Bible Study

Singing worship with light Sabers

Homemade Ice cream

The John Deer machine that made the ice cream

Sitting on Hay eating in the shade

Mom and kids standing in front of a car that Grandpa owns.

A 69 chevelle Malibu

Jasmine & Trinity

One of our Lil pumpkins. Ezekiel

Ruby, Jasmine, Me and my Big Belly

Trinity

A display at the fair

Zeekie & Andrea

Going home

Magna doodles. Great invention. Thanks Rube

YaaaaaaY!!!! NAP TIME,QUIET TIME!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...