Friday, September 19, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Ok so today I wanted to change the atmosphere for the kids a bit, so I piled the tribe into the “lil” Red Wagon and headed to Starbucks. Gabe had blessed me with a free coupon for oatmeal, and I know why he gave it to me, because I like oatmeal, and he hates it.

So because this idea was totally unplanned, my thoughts where scattered. I'm not going to play the hormones card this time, instead I will play the scatterbrain card.

So here I am contemplating as to wether I should go across the street to the JACK In THE Box because I don't feel like making breakfast or cleaning up sticky faces and fingers, or their food messes that look like a food bomb went off in the dinning room.

Ok so I gather up some schoolwork, color crayons, Trinity's baby glowworm, and baby bag. We all head off to Dads work with a lunch and the hopes of him not being so busy that we are able to talk to him or even possibly hang out, which I know won't happen because we are a distraction (in a good way) to him while he works.

When I drive up I have Calvin take the lunch in. We leave and head to a JITBox and then to a remote Starbucks up in the hills. The weather is nice, the chairs are comfy, and I am already stressed from having to try to carry Trinity, food, three orange juices, a Baby glow worm, baby bag,  keep a close eye on Ezekiel (so he doesn’t wander), and help Calvin not drop any school supplies.

When we enter Starbucks it feels like an ice-cold freezer. So after I purchase my steam milk, and receive my free oatmeal, we take everything outside to the couches. Everyone leaves right away except for this weird man sitting on a chair across from us. He is sweating so bad that his clothes were soaked. He is just sitting there staring straight ahead. He had gotten up several times to refill his drink. But that’s all he did was come back to sit, sweat, and stare. So I got uncomfortable and took all of our papers that were scattered with crayons, our food and drinks, bags, and kids inside the freezing cold starbucks lobby.

Right away I have to use the restroom. Right away, the kids start complaining; “I’m cold”. I ask Cal to watch Zeek (I don’t know why my worst fears haunt me when I am stressed). When I come back I just have to sit and try to relax. As I do, Trinity and Zeekie start to burn off some  energy by running around with crayons in their hands. All I could think of is they may think they have the liberty to start coloring on tabels, windows and chairs,or fall and poke their eyes out. Trinity's dancing, singing; “I can do it”, and Ezekiel is making a loud noise over and over. Calvin is writing; wa,wa, wa, wa. I asked, “what does this mean? He said; "you know like Charlie brown, you can talk like wa,wa,wa,wa, if you don't feel like saying anything.

Finally I have to leave.I want to leave and go back to the place that I'm always crying about getting away from. Home sweet home. This may not be home-centered learning, but it sure is life learning.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...