I was reading a friends blogg the other day and it was decorated with roses. It reminded me of one of my favorite songs called, Above All. I used to listen to that song everyday as it was a popular song at the time. Gabe and I weren't doing to good financially. In fact we didn't have any money at all. Gabe worked at the video store and I stayed home with Calvin.
We decided to go to family for help. On our way to their house there was a man in the middle of the intersection laying on the ground next to his bike.It looked as though he got hit by a car. So I told Gabe (who was a brand new Christian at the time) to stop the car, get out, and pray the sinners prayer with the guy if he was still alive. So, while Gabe was over in the middle of the intersection with about ten other people, I was standing by our car (Hyndi, A.K.A. Lemon). I told a lady next to me standing by her car, that we needed to pray for this man to accept Jesus before he died. So we prayed. Afterwards Gabe got back into the car and explained that the man has seesiors and that he's used to that happening to him.
Afterwards we spent time a families house sharing Jesus, asking for financial help, and explaining that we where making the decision to make Calvary Chapel our home church. It didn't seem like a wise decision back then, but The Lord was leading us to do so, and has since shown His plan to be faithful.
We then left and took Gabes gift certificate that he won from work to go and get some pizza. I had just listened to the song Above All. As Gabe was in the pizza parlor, a young girl approached the car with some fake roses. She asked if I could buy one at about a dollar a piece. I told her that I would love to buy one but that we where flat broke. I new right away that she could have thought, then why are you buying pizza? So I told her that our tags where expired, our insurance ran out and that we had a gift certificate. I shared with her the gospel in return, but to my surprise she was already a born again Christian. She was there in the parking lot selling roses with her sisters and cousins that where gypsies. I told her that I was a gypsy, sorta. But that I had moved about 20 times in my life. So to make a long story short, she told me that she was backslidden, not going to church or reading her bible and praying. With excitement I asked her if she wanted to rededicated her life to Jesus. And with excitement she prayed with me. But her relatives had walked up and got mad at her for doing that with me. They kept interrupting her and telling her that she needed to leave. She insisted that she bless me in front of them by giving me five dollars of her hard earned money, which I refused, but she threw it back into my car, with a rose. I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO blessed. I cried all the way home with tears of joy. GOD uses the most precious experiences in life to show his love for us. He used this little teenage girl to bless me and remind me of Jesus like a rose trampled on the ground for me.
This song reminds me of that moment and what Jesus did for me, for you, and for everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment