And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.
And Ephesians 5:1&2 Says: Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling aroma.
I am truly tired of my stinky attitude. I need to be extremely careful as to how I view life as a whole. If I'm always criticizing others and putting others down to esteem myself then my children will imitate me. Lately I have not been walking in LOVE. I get upset so easily over the littlest things. I react the wrong way over trivial matters that wont make a difference ten or twenty years down the road. I need to be more tender hearted. This is something that I need to pray for as it is not in my nature to look past the idiosyncrasies and at the person made in Gods image. How will I treat my nayber. And if I cannot love people, what is my relationship like with God whom I cannot see?
My New year is beginning with a strong prayer of showing love and respect to The creator of the Universe. Jehovah, Lord, God. And then to love my nayber as I love myself. Only the Spirit of God living inside of me as I have asked Him to enter in, and a desire to want to change, and by faith I can do what is so unnatural for the common man. LOVE AGAPE. Agape is one of the Greek words for love, which in this form is an unconditional, sacrificial, take the back seat, yield, submit, humble, die to self type of love. Not easy but can do only with Gods Spirit living inside of you and giving you the power to live out the Christian life.
I need to show more affection to Hubby and kids, I need to esteem others better than myself, I need to be kind hearted towards all even if they don't deserve it, I need to be forgiving easily, I need to speak, act, and pray in a gentle love way.
LORD ONLY YOU,,, HELP!!!
PS FORGIVE ME BECAUSE I CANNOT SPELL NIGHBOR FOR MY LIFE.
Bible Girl Commented:That was a nice entry. This confession is for all of us. As I examine myself in the Light I too lack so much. I'm one of the biggest failures when it comes to responding as Jesus would. May the Lord give us all new insight this year as we take each day one at a time in seeking His will to become more like Him by His strength.
Letie's Comment:Wow! We all need to be filled with the love of God in order to love others. The Lord always gives me Matthew 5:44. I always say to the Lord that this is so hard, just when I think "okay, I got it", whamo! something happens and I don't love the way I ought to. Thanks for sharing and let us continue to ask the Lord for His empowering to do that which He calls us to do.
Lord Bless,
Leti
1 comment:
beautiful entry! I believe the Lord will answer your prayer; agape love, its a hard one, but its what Jesus modeled. I struggle with it myself.
may you have an awesome year in the Lord!
betty
Post a Comment