Home schooling seems to be going on a smooth path for now except for a few rough bumps every now and then. I know that without the Lord this would be impossible. I really have faith that my Calvin is going to be used by God to bring many people to Jesus. I already see him as a huge witness to many people representing how Our God is good. This boy really loves Gods Word and the Characters of the Bible. He has a love to learn and be involved. Sometimes to much, but I'd rather him be open. He defiantly has the gift of speaking openly. We never know, he might be an Aaron used for a Moses.
Calvin is learning to play so many tunes on the piano. Amazing Grace, and allot of classical music that I'm not familiar with yet. Thanks my Mommy for the piano, its been a good investment. Another great blessing is Calvin's strange interest in History and Science. That's a boy for ya if I'd say. To my shame, but to Gods Glory,half the time I've never herd of allot of the History that is spewing out of his mouth. I never new where the Hoover Dam was and how it all works. And there are allot of other things that I am learning along side of him. I'm just not as interested in as much as he is. I feel like I don't have the time with the baby and a toddler.
Calvin has these neat Christian comic books called Power Mark that he is addicted to. If he gets his memory verses right he is rewarded with one issue each Sunday from our Christian book store. The art work is so detailed. And the script is very funny and technical. It really gives him an opportunity to learn how to interact with other children his age. When we go to the park he scopes out the playground to seewho his next target is (as he defines is an Army term for friends that he wants to meet and play with). Each time he has befriended children from all walks of life. He accepts them just the way that they are without partiality, or stereotypes. But one thing that I did notice is that if he sees teenagers vandlelizing, smoking, or acting loud and crazy he gets concerned and comes to me right away to tattle on what I already see. So I'm trying to teach him that the teenagers are at an age where the need acceptance, and they are crying out for attention and that their behavior is very normal for teens as they also have loads of energy to burn and nowhere to burn it. So walk away and pray.
Gabe told me that there where these two teenagers cussing up a storm at the park. So a lady bravely approached the girls and chewed them out asking them not to talk in that manner in front of her children. I believe the lady had just as much freedom to correct them as they had to cuss. I also believe that the teens where in the wrong and the lady was justified in her actions. But I believe that she went about it the wrong way as the girls cussed her out of the park and told her that she wasn't their mom.
I can just picture myself as these two girls. Maybe their parents cussed in the home or even at them. Personally, only by Gods grace and with humility considering myself lest I also fall into the same temtation, would have asked them Oh so sweetly if they would kindly please not cuss in front of my preciouse babies from God. Then ask them their age and try to get started into a conversation about how neat of a person that God made them. I am not saying that this approach would work. But we have to look past the outside and know that God knows the heart of every person. He knows what they have been through.Yes cussing is an unacceptable language that is accepted by our society. When kids say the darndest things or do the devilish things they do, we are shocked. But this is the culter that they are growing up in. Its all over the TV, Internet, and in the schools. I understand that the lady may have not been a Christian. But who are we.Let us put ourselves in their perspective. Let us begin to pray for our youth. And reach out to a hurting generation that is saturated with sex, drugs, and a screaming music culter.
I remember one day I was at the park with Calvin when he was about five. These girls who where about thirteen had just ditched school. They sat at a bench cussing and talking about allot of nasty things to the point that I was debating weather to go chew them out. I prayed for them to leave and soon after they began to walk home. I noticed sitting on the bench that they left was a wallet of some sort. So I grabbed it and tried to run after them , but they couldn't hear me. So I quickly threw Calvin into his car seat and drove about a half mile to where they where. Rolled down the window and gave them what turned out to be just a makeup bag. This was my opportunity to tell them how much Jesus loved them. They couldn't stop saying thank you enough over a petty little makeup bag that I was almost in tears letting them know that Jesus was their best friend and that He would always be there for them. I drove away Thanking and praising God that he gave me a chance to be a light to them rather than stomp on their little teenage parade. To this day I have learned my lesson. BE A GOOD WITNESS, and Don't judge.
All of what I share is from the Lord. Nothing is of myself.If I did not know Jesus. Calvin would not be who he is today, nor would I even give ahootabout anyone or anything. I love my family my Husband and I honor my wonderful Mother who has worked so hard all of her life to provide the best that she could for her family, and a Dad who taught us many things in life. As a non- believer of Jesus I would have never seen the treasures that have always been there, Idiosyncrasies and all. May God bless us all as we try to see the world through HIS EYES.

No comments:
Post a Comment