Friday, September 7, 2007

Three Days And Counting

 

Three more days and we will begin our fourth year on this journey called homeschooling. The Lord called us to this ministry six years ago when Calvin was three. When He was four years old we accepted the large task of teaching our Son who is now nine, at home. My home school philosophy has always been this: Without Jesus you can do nothing. (John 15:5). It is true. I have tried too many times to do this God given task in my own strength. But If I keep in mind that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13). Then the Lord will be glorified, and I won't get burnt out or put unreasonable expectations on my family which will put strain and pressure on the ministry. The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down ( prov. 14:1). Will there be times where I want to give up? YES. Will there be times where I feel alone, cry, get angry, frustrated, tired,lost, or just plain prideful, YES. That is why I constantly need to be in Gods Word, and at the cross, and on my knees asking for help. "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble" (James 4:6). Only as I seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness can I have my priorities in line. This is not natural for me considering that I am a very unorganized careless person. I am naturally sloppy. On the other hand I married someone totally opposite who color coordinates his t-shirts, and folds everything in his underwear drawers. I am simple, He is intelligent.I am loud and a social butterfly, he is quiet and reserved. I have a large family, he has a small family, I love the beach, he loves the mountains (where lions and tigers and bears roam, along with insects and snakes). The Lord works in strange and mysterious ways. Whelp that is enough chattering for now. I will catch up later, Lord willing. Hope you all enjoy these milestones and memories.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...