Sunday, September 30, 2007

HEALTHY SPIRITUALY

 Lately I've been struggling with my health and it seems as though I'm not the only one. I often run into women who are older and who can share my burdens of living with some sort of  affliction. It is very encouraging to me as we trade testimonies of Gods faithfulness through our trials.  More so for myself because these women are usually seasoned saints who have a lot of perspective to shine on my situation. I am grateful because often times I feel alone and in despair wondering if I am the only one on the face of this planet that experiences life the way that I do. Often getting frustrated with doctor after doctor, feeling the great monster of fatigue, and the pain that pierces day after day.

I have found that if I  have time to read encouraging books by women such as:  Corrie Ten Boom, Elizabeth Elliot, Ann Gram Lots, or Kay Arthur, I will begin to see that my trials are lightweight in comparison to the journey that they have been on. My trials are to refine, mold, and make me into the woman that God has called me to be. Each one of these women have faced incredible times of despair and darkness in their lives that many of us will never have to face.To their credit they have not faced life without the Lord.

If I face anything I am to share with others that God can bring us through the valley of the shadow of death where  His rod and his staff will be comforting and directing us.As I seek Him, hold tightly to Him, my strength will be renewed, I will mount up with wings of eagles, I will run and not be weary, and walk and not faint. 

My friend was sharing with me a book called,"The lies That Women Believe, And The Truth that sets them Free". I have to invest in this book. I am a fool often times as I listen to the father of lies: satan, that old crafty serpent that deceived Eve in the Garden. He tells me that everyone else has it better than me, and that I am just a weirdo who nobody wants to hang out with. I rebuke that In the Powerful Name Of JESUS.

No one has ever given me greater Joy than the Christ. No matter what I struggle with now that I'm a Christian, it doesn't discard the memory of living in darkness without a relationship with my Jesus, and Knowing The Father (My ABBA). No matter what kind of trauma, trial, or tribulation that comes my way, it is better than going through this life without a Savior and LORD, and with my selfish ambitions and prideful arrogant ways directing me. Before I was a Christian I could not turn to anyone to consult in. I wandered around like a lost puppy. I listened to the blind leading the blind. No one had any answers as to why things where the way that they are.

Now that I know the Creator of the Universe I wonder why He would choose a girl who only read magazines in high school, graduating with straight D's,Coming from a broken home that satan had ripped apart, and not knowing my right hand from my left .I didn't want to know Jesus. I didn't care. Why dose he choose the foolish and base things of this world to confound the worldly wise man of this world who has no Joy or hope of the eternal? He wants reveal His glory through someone who was a no one.

The only way that we can give is if we are broken like an old costly perfume bottle that has to be broken open to fill a room with the sweet smelling aroma of sacrificial love that offers up our lives for one another and to God. Sometimes our lives need to be broken for us to see that God is there and that he always has been. He will use instruments in this life to awaken us to the reality of His love for us. Jesus will not kick any door open. He knocks on the door of our hearts waiting for a deep fellowship of unity with us. If I answer Him. I will experience the freshness of a meaningful relationship. Jesus has opened my eyes, and I ask for Him to show me His Glory.   

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...